Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Dream Girl

I haven't finished the second post that will be dedicated to legibledeb because it's turning out longer than I thought it would, and I have to get ready to spend time with legibledeb in real life.

So, in the meantime, here's something else totally awesome:



I originally found this video on Nightcharm. The unpaid intern who posted it wrote, "Frikkin’ boney ass Gaga can eat it hard at 2:51." I agree.

As campy as this is, I really do like the swingin' brass-heavy arrangement. It could have been served better by a voice like Shirley Bassey, but give Ms. Welch some credit. Her voice is fine, though pitchy, and this was way before auto-tuning.

Also, it seems ahead of it's time. If Labelle had worn bikinis, they would have worn that bikini, and they didn't start dressing like astronaut drag queens until three years later.

There will be more on Racquel Welch, soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment